Not even the rich and powerful
Byker
2020-03-28 19:45:49 UTC
"Spain's Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma has become the first royal
to die from the novel coronavirus.

"The 86-year-old was a cousin of Spain’s King Felipe VI. She died after
contracting COVID-19, her brother, Prince Sixto Enrique de Borbon, the Duke
of Aranjuez, announced on Facebook.

“'On this afternoon… our sister Maria Teresa de Borbon Parma and Borbon
Busset, victim of the coronavirus COVID-19, died in Paris at the age of
eighty-six,' the post reads.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/spain-princess-maria-teresa-first-royal-to-die-coronavirus

Lo siento mucho...
PhantomView
2020-03-29 01:45:00 UTC
Post by Byker
"Spain's Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma has become the first royal
to die from the novel coronavirus.
"The 86-year-old was a cousin of Spain’s King Felipe VI. She died after
contracting COVID-19, her brother, Prince Sixto Enrique de Borbon, the Duke
of Aranjuez, announced on Facebook.
“'On this afternoon… our sister Maria Teresa de Borbon Parma and Borbon
Busset, victim of the coronavirus COVID-19, died in Paris at the age of
eighty-six,' the post reads.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/spain-princess-maria-teresa-first-royal-to-die-coronavirus
Lo siento mucho...
Plagues do not respect income or station. Those with
more wealth can TRY to seal themselves away, but
in the end they depend on too many peasants and
peons ; death gets in.

I suggest Poe's "Masque of the Red Death".

For now, the only people on the planet who are
really safe are the people NOT on the planet -
the ISS crew. Likely they can see the huge
slowdown and empty streets even from up
there ....
Keema's Nan
2020-03-29 09:41:08 UTC
Post by PhantomView
Post by Byker
[...]
I think the problem with some wealthy powerful people is that they believe
their financial status will afford them added years when it comes to
life-span.

They seem to believe death is only for the plebs and doesn’t apply to them.
PhantomView
2020-03-30 01:56:59 UTC
On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 10:41:08 +0100, Keema's Nan
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by PhantomView
Post by Byker
[...]
25 years from now, if civilization does not regress terribly,
that money WILL buy greatly extended and vigorous lives
via genetic engineering. Joe Average will eventually get in
on it too, but those who can pay the most will benifit much
sooner. To allude, we (almost) have the technology, all
you need is the six million bucks.