Jerry Seinfeld Calls the Royal Wedding 'A Circus Act'
CliffB
2011-04-15 19:30:24 UTC
Jerry Seinfeld Calls the Royal Wedding 'A Circus Act'
By PopEater Staff  Posted Apr 15th 2011 03:50AM
It looks like Jerry Seinfeld is not a fan of the upcoming Royal
Wedding. The actor had a few choice words for the upcoming event and
even criticized the Royal Family in an interview.
The Daily Mail is reporting that Seinfeld was in London promoting his
upcoming stand-up performance and was being interviewed on the UK TV
show 'Daybreak' when the interviewer asked Seinfeld if he, like many
Americans, was looking forward to the Royal Wedding on April 29.
The comedian sarcastically replied, "Yes, I'm very excited."
He continued, "Well it's a circus act, it's an absurd act. You know,
it's a dress-up. It's a classic English thing of let's play dress-up.
Let's pretend that these are special people. OK, we'll all pretend
that -- that's what theater is."
Seinfeld went on to say, "That's why the British have the greatest
theater in the world. They love to dress up and they love to play
pretend."
The 56-year-old comedian even took some shots at the Royal Family,
"And that's what the Royal Family is -- it's a huge game of pretend.
These aren't special people -- its fake outfits, fake phoney hats and
gowns."
He concluded by saying, "It's fantastic. We don't have anything like
that."
The co-host of 'Daybreak' Adrian Chiles appeared very offended by
Seinfeld's opinion and remarked on-air, "I'll join in on any of that
stuff [criticism of the wedding], if it's a Brit doing it. But I can't
bear Americans criticizing the Royal family."
Chiles also added, "He'll be doing that show from the Tower of London,
never mind the O2 [the arena where Seinfeld is due to perform]."
http://www.popeater.com/2011/04/15/jerry-seinfeld-royal-wedding/
Well, it's true that the royals can't compare with the sheer (fake)
class of his stealing (buying?) away his tawdry little J.A.P. who
dumped her previous hubby for him on a moment's notice once she saw
green. Stay sleazy Jerry........
No doubt the Seinfeld wedding was an over the top tacky Nouveau Riche
affair in the Hamptons attended by every obnoxious NY mockie with
enough $$$ signs attached to their assumed names........
lulubelle
2011-04-17 11:33:28 UTC
No doubt this was not a smart answer given the context, but for what
its worth I seem to remember that Seinfeld's wedding was small and not
celebrity attended.

tay sleazy Jerry........
Post by CliffB
No doubt the Seinfeld wedding was an over the top tacky Nouveau Riche
affair in the Hamptons attended by every obnoxious NY mockie with
enough $$$ signs attached to their assumed names........- Hide quoted text -